Monday, October 29, 2012

Bloomin' All Around Me

Winter might be on it's way, but I've got flowers "Bloomin' All Around Me" in my sewing room.    I'm making zipper bags - cosmetic bags - gadget pouches; all different colors, and sizes.   These zipper bags have been selling pretty good in my ETSY shop, so I'm making more of them.

I love to pull out scraps of floral prints, find coordinating fabrics for the linings, cut some cotton batting, do some free motion quilting, add a zipper........then sit and sew for a while. 

Don't ask me what the name of this fabric is, 'cause I can't remember  I just love it, and this is all I have left of it.   I used a pink small pin dot for the lining on these two. 

Boxed bottom corners, so they can hold more stuff!

Five made so far.......and I still need to make the glass beaded zipper pulls.

These will be available in my ETSY Shop after I get the glass beaded zipper pulls made for them.  But for now.........going to go make some more!   Oh, that reminds me, wonder what I did with the silk & damask fabrics I was going to use for some of these bags???

Do you make any kind of bags?  purses?  padded covers? or pouches?

Thanks for visiting.


  1. So cute! Zipper pouches have been a good seller for me too, but the shipping kills me as most have been to overseas buyers.

  2. Wonderfully sweet. I still have a hard time getting into making smalls. My quilt appetite doesn't go that way, I guess.

  3. Those are great little zipper pouches!!

  4. Judy, those bags are so pretty! I have been making some, but haven't put them in my shop yet.

  5. Gorgeous! What a great size for cosmetics or knitting gadgets.