Wednesday, November 17, 2010

LEFTOVERS from yesterday.

Leftovers from yesterday........and NO, I'm not talking about food. 

I'm talking about UFO's and what I took to our UFO party and talked about  yesterday.  When I grabbed up this bin to take to our UFO party to share with my sister and my niece, I didn't realize how close this one was to being finished.  It's a "LEFTOVER" that definitely needs to be completed. 

This is just not the time of year for me to be working on UFO's, 'cause  like most quilters/sellers on ETSY.   I have lots of  Christmas quilting/sewing gifts for family to finish up, and custom orders for customers, more jelly rolls and charm squares to cut, Kitty and Snowmen embroidered dish towels, AND the big push for the Holiday Season is in full swing.

But, I did start a list of "to do" projects for next year and put this  # 1 on the page in my notebook.   Oh...it's so close......

do you think.....



just maybe.....



I could squeeze it in now.......???


Let's take a closer look at it and re-consider.......



It is a "quilt as you go" blue and yellow quilt..........


12 Sampler blocks.....blocks are already joined together in rows, with the quilting finished on them.


Even the row dividers are quilted........


Sure hope the blue marks wash out ........

It's oh so close to being finished......but the time right now is just not there.  Ok, I reconsidered it and  this one stays #1 on the list for 2011.

Take a look at this "surprise" UFO stored for 6 years......it's another story.   I was sure into Batiks at that time.  What in the world was I thinking??  All those little pieces??    Didn't have my GO cutter, that's for sure!  It will go on the list too..........well, maybe.....?  I could always cut up the pieces with my GO cutter for the scrappy box.  



The UFO saga continues................................

until another time.


Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I like your new blue project. I keep all my leftovers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blue quilt & it looks so close to being finished! Maybe it should be a Christmas present FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete