Friday, November 12, 2010

HOUSTON Quilt Show Pics.


My sister and I have gone to the Houston Quilt Festival many times.  It gets better, and bigger each year!   ALL of it was such great Eye Candy this year I walked around in a trance.  We could only GO  one day this year..."walk until you drop" ..for us.  There's no way you can see all the quilts (hundreds)  and visit all the vendors, (2200 booths) and see all the free shows & exhibits in one day.  Here's a few pictures to show you.   

Here's the Moda Bake Shop booth that was just so cute, we had to have "us" in it.  (just click on the words "Moda Bake Shop" to go to their blog.)


And of course.....my favorite booth, AccuQuilt!  You  do know that I won a GO cutter from AccuQuilt last June, didn't you?   Lee Nakamoto is showing me their new GO Baby....so tiny and cute.  Thanks, Lee for my free goodies!


Have you been to their new Sew and Tell Forum?  It's very informative, answers a lot of your questions,  members share pictures of their projects, and their Deal of the Day is posted there too.  You do not have to own an AccuQuilt cutter to participate.  Come join us!


It was wonderful to meet up with a couple of "online chat buddies" and finally put a face with the name.  Thank goodness for cell phones, or we would never have been able to find each other.  We met in the food court, and called each other to connect.  What fun!

I was pleased as punch to meet up with Pat Sloan.  For some fun times, you can follow her blog here.   http://patsloan.typepad.com/  Awwww!  her new fabric is yummy!

We were so exhausted from just our one day, we have vowed it's gotta be two full days of exhaustion next year. 

Clink!  Clink!    What's that noise?  

It's me saving my pennies in my piggy bank!


6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you met up with some of the QCG gals. WIsh I could have made it. One of these days I am just going to show up in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fun! I am with you in saving pennies now for fun next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...you look so sweet there with Lee. And you match in your pink outfit too. Of course you have me wondering what goodies you got both there and at the other booths you went to.

    I want to go next year. We will wait and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat that you got to meet Lee and was able to be at the AccuQuilt Booth. I have years ago gone to the Houston Show, and it is great.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun for your and your sister....I wish I could have been there. Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello colleagues, fastidious ρost and pleasant arguments commentеd here,
    I am genuinely enjoying by these.

    Feel free to ѕurf to my page - Αmericas Cardrоom Poker Offeг **

    ReplyDelete