Monday, October 12, 2009

Yo-Yos & DECORATING MADNESS!


During a long recovery from a surgery several years ago, I started making yo-yos.  Now, this was  before the plastic yo-yo makers that we can buy today.  I just did it the old fashioned way by using cereal box cardboard circles and drawing the circle on the back of the fabrics with a pencil, then cut them out by hand.

I never did count how many yo-yos I made for these valances, but I have 3 windows in my living room that look like this, and a shoebox full of leftover ones.   I've got to do something different with these windows one of these days.   One great thing about them, is I can change the colors of accessories/pillows, etc. in my living room, and the colors go with anything.    How did I get them on the curtain rod, you ask?   Scroll down to find out! 







Years ago there was an old western tv show called "Have gun will travel".  Everytime I can't figure out how to fasten someting I think of that show........

So.....my answer for getting the yo-yos on the curtain rod was.........

Have "hot glue gun" will travel!  Yup!  worked fine!

7 comments:

  1. What a unique window treatment. I love it. Have a crisp warm autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely remember Have Gun Will Travel, but Mom says my sister always said "Bye bye PALADIN" at the end of every episode.

    Love your yo yo valances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cool!! I love it, never would have thought of a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I have hot glued curtains (well, ones I made ) onto the rods before, comes right off when you are ready to change them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought of that! I'm working on a yo-yo quilt now, but this idea would be great in the sewing room. Glue guns are very good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh Judy you need a tiny window for your tiny yo yo's you got today.LOL You know you could put some of them on your dolly quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful window treatment!! Do you have a pattern? Of course...I'd need a zillion yo-yos!

    ReplyDelete