Sunday, October 18, 2009

HIT THE BULL'S EYE!

This is one of my most favorite quilts that I have made and it's called the Bull's Eye. 

It's a raw-edge, use up your scraps kind of quilt.  It's far from perfect; some of the circles are crooked, some of the fabrics don't compliment each other, some of the seams are not matched up perfectly.....BUT, it was Oh! so fun to make it.  I like to hang it up for display in the Fall because of all the browns, and darker fabrics. 

But that's not the reason it's one of my favorite quilts.  This was our first "Tied Together Bee" group project from many years ago and it's very special to me!   We all made the big blocks, then cut them in fourths, then exchanged them with each other.  What fun we had making this quilt.  

 This bee has all buzzed out except for 3 of us, so that's why it's very special.   




We did a few more group projects too, but none as special as this one!



5 comments:

  1. Terrific quilt and what a great way to exchange with sewing friends.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect is not necessarily the goal. Take a look at the Gee's Bend quilts. None of them are "technically" perfect. But they are still amazing - and so is this quilt. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those curves! Don't know if I could do that. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete