Friday, January 30, 2009

WARM FLEECE SOCKS FOR WINTER

My families' tootsies will be warm in a few more days.

When I was in Indiana to visit with daughter & son & their families, everyone was wanting me to make them more of the fleece socks/slippers. So, I drew around one foot from everyone on paper, brought them home, and have been cutting out fleece socks the last 3 days. 2 layers of fleece is thick & cutting them out has taken some time. Had to clean the scissors a couple times, and actually put a drop of oil on the hinge thingie, as fleece seems to dull the blades.

I have a bummer right arm that has had 2 surgeries for torn tendons years ago, so can't just cut, cut, cut all one day, as don't want to overdo it. There are now 12 pair of various sized fleece socks waiting for me to get out the serger and sew 'em. The measuring, laying out and cutting always takes longer than the serging....so hope to get them all finished today.

Sew......off to the sewing room. Maybe I'll post a picture later, so ya'll can see 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment