Friday, May 28, 2010

My Gosh......It's Been a Week?

So much going on here lately,  the days just seem to disappear!   Can't believe it's been a week since my last post.  Sorry, my faithful followers!

My male cat, Braveheart (nicknamed the KING..and I've written about him before and posted pictures) was just not himself, laying around, didn't want to eat or drink,  didn't want to play.  I decided to take him to the vet on Tuesday.  Had to go to  2 different Vets, 3 1/2 hours of him howling while in the carrier, shaved neck for  complete diagnostic blood tests, no definite diagnosis, on antibiotics and $300 poorer. 

He's better now, thank goodness.  I have to give him antibiotics twice a day, feeding him all the time, different food, lots of extra attention and lap loving. 

Here's my latest project I did this week....called Roses and Romance.


Totally different technique in making this one and I love the simplicity of it.  This is a quilt as you go project.  I love these simple, but pretty, type of quilts.......cause when life gets in the way of my sewing time, I need simple.

Here's another view showing  the backing fabric.


Right after I finished listing this in my Etsy store, I was able to make a Treasury....so guess what I called it?

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=99956

Go see this Treasury and give it some lovin'  by clicking on each of the items featured.  Thanks sew much.  The more clicks we get on the items, the more Etsy Admin. considers it worthy of their front page picks. 

Until next time......

4 comments:

  1. Wow that quilt is pretty!!
    Hope your kitty baby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Judy! Can you share the pattern? I'd love to make one with batiks!
    XO
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to try quilt as you go...Which book did you get the pattern from? It is wonderful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete