Saturday, February 13, 2010

I FINALLY Figured It Out!

I've only had my cell phone for a couple months now, and when I went on vacation to Indiana at Christmas to see kids and grandkids, I SURE had fun taking pictures with my camera.  AND trust me on this one, I took LOTS of pictures.  

 The big problem is I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures off my camera into the computer.  I tried the USB cable thinking they would load up just like my digital camera to my photo program......NO!  Then windows was asking for a driver.....so went and downloaded it...still NO!   

I looked in the owner's manual.....NO help!
I also thought I might call my local Verizon store......on a Saturday??? Don't think so.

So, I just started playing around with my phone and kept going to my pictures....and realized I could email them to myself, or send them to Facebook.  Here's the link if you want to go see me with some of my kids and grandkids.

 http://www.facebook.com/?sk=ff#!/album.php?aid=2027650&id=1233944773

Now, I need to figure out how to upload them directly to here.  Please......if anyone knows how to do this, give me some clues.  Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. What kind of phone is it??
    Great family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK here's what I got with out know what model phone you have.
    there should be a software cd for file transfer that came with the phone, install the software and it should work.
    Or
    If you're using Windows XP and you have a USB cable, then you should have no problem transferring the pictures. Just switch on the phone, connect it to the computer (via USB) and wait for all the "hardware detection" prompts to be completed.

    Then go to My Computer and you should notice an extra drive E or F. If you browse the folders in that extra drive you will find your pictures somewhere. Than you can save them by right clicking on them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's a LG
    Go to your LG's menu, and select "Connectivity"

    Select "USB Connection"

    Select "Mass Storage"

    Now simply connect your LG to your PC via a USB cable, and both your phone memory and memory card will be recognized by your PC as removable drives. Browse through to copy, cut and paste your files.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Isn't it fun sharing grandma pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics from a cell phone! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! and Thanks, Tango, I did not receive a CD with the phone. It's an LG chocolate touch phone. That's why I went online to download the drivers for it, and I my PC is a Vista. I will have to go and mess it with it some more. Thanks for the guidance.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete