Monday, November 5, 2012

Same Project...Different Day!

When I start a new project, I always think..."ok..I'll have this done by ....??" but never seem to give myself enough time.  I think I could meet those projected dates if I didn't have other things to do...like computer time, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning a bit, laundry, errands and cat messes, etc.

No more excuses!  Here's the update on the "Zipper Bags Project". 

Have 16 bags finished with the sewing.  


Here's the 6 that are totally complete with glass beads  zipper pulls and for sale in my ETSY Shop.


And I still need to make Glass Beads Zipper pulls for these 10 that are waiting patiently.



Remember a few posts back all my talk about Free Motion Quilting and no more practicing.......just do it?

Well, I did have some fun with FMQ on some of these bags.  They all have different quilting on them even if I made two of the same fabric.  Different sizes too.


Easy quilting here on the elephants. 



FMQ around the flowers printed on the fabric.  (just don't look too closely at the oops!)



Really got "free" doing this one!



I still have some more bag fabrics cut out along with the batting, so whenever I feel like a little FMQ experimenting, I'll do a few more.  But in the meantime, I need to go make more Glass Beads zipper pulls so I can declare all 16 of them finished and ready for my shop.

In the next couple days I plan on making some Disappearing 4 Patch blocks for Quilts for Hurricane Sandy victims.....so are you making some too? 


Thanks for visiting!


4 comments: