Monday, April 16, 2012

Fun Shop Hopping!

Bluebonnets  and other wildflowers are very plentiful this year in South Texas.  There's no better way to enjoy them than fill the car with gas and go on the Bluebonnet Trail Shop Hop that happens every April.  So, that's just what my sister and I did.......for two days!   




I forgot my camera the first day out.........yeah!, I know, dummy me.   I'll share a couple of my favorite shops we visited on the second day. 


Here's Dixie inviting us inside to her Seventh Heaven Quilt Shop ....yes, she's always smiling!



Some of the things you'll see at her shop:

"Twister" quilt on the wall behing the cast iron bed when you first enter her shop.



A wall full of patterns so big, I couldn't get it all in my picture.

One of the many specialized theme rooms.


Always lots of free demos about the latest techniques and new gadgets.


Busy with lots of quilt shoppers!



The last shop we visited before we headed home was:

Fabric 'n Friends in Castroville, Texas

3600 Square feet of quilting delight!






By this time, we needed to replenish our energy so we headed for the yummy room first.  Their theme this year was Peace and Love!  Yummy cake!



This is just a sampling of the purples Jeanne carries in her shop, and that's not counting her batiks or color walls.




Do you prefer blues? 



Even the Chickens and Roosters were shopping for Jelly Rolls!



One of the many family "helpers" cutting my fabrics!




What a great 2 days;  quilting eye candy, snacks, goodies, new gadgets, thousands of bolts of fabrics,  and lots of inspiration........just what the quilt doctor ordered!

Now, I'm off to my sewing room! 



Thanks for visiting my blog.

1 comment:

  1. If I shopped for two days in fabric stores my house might start looking like one of those shops!

    ReplyDelete