Monday, July 25, 2011

BIG Milestone!

I had a BIG Milestone birthday last week & celebrated it with gusto.  



Even the King (Braveheart) had to have a Happy Birthday pink tiara.



 Two of my grown kids; Scott (from CA) and Lisa (from IN)  flew here to help me celebrate with style!   We won't talk about how old I am,  but I think you'll be able to figure it out from these pictures.






I loved all my cards!


We all laughed about how many times we went out to eat 'cause they didn't want me doing all the cooking.  Fine with me!






I've been on a new eating plan and am losing weight (13lbs so far).  I have been dreaming of chocolate fudge cake with fudge frosting and told my sister that's what I wanted for my birthday.  Being the good sister that she is, she obliged me! 


I'm ready to take a big bite of it!




You can't see him in the picture, but my son was standing right behind me.....

Yup!  you guessed it!  He pushed my head just a little!



Sure was good!


I hauled in the loot too!


I know I forgot some things.....but here's new clothes, new swim towel, drinking bottle, shower caps for swimming, woodwick candle, a Nook color Reader, Ebay & Visa Gift cards, Shower Gel, another fancy candle, red satin wallet, and a personalized pill case.  



and on the back of it.




That says it all.........doesn't it?


Thanks for visiting.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice.......thanks for sharing! FUNNY about your first bite of that cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo funny.....I love that on piture. I am glad that you had a nice birthday and what a lovely family.....they did you up good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! The cake bite picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.....happy birthday!!!! What wonderful pictures of a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend your birthday..in a chocolate cake! Oh yes, and with your loving family too! Happy birthday to you!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific Birthday!!!! Oh that cake looks soooo yummy and the presents how gracious of your family!!!

    Happy Birthday friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you celebrated in style. Here's to many more!

    Sandy A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! What a fun time you had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, You should have blurred some of that writing on the back of the personalized case. (of course I did notice the white hairs in Scott's goatee.)
    I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I love choco cake too - though not all over my face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday and that is one of the best ways to eat Birthday cake that I know of, your'e too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sew glad you had a wonderful, happy birthday and that your children came to celebrate with you. I'm wishing a long and healthy life for you.
    ((((VBH)))) Marilyn in San Antonio, TX

    ReplyDelete