Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oven Ready, Set, Bake!

I cleaned my oven yesterday and there was still some burned on gunk on the bottom near the back, so I sprayed it again last night before I went to bed.  Today, after I wipe it out again, I'll be able to use all this stuff that's piled on my counter.




After I went to the store yesterday and bought all this stuff, I couldn't see the purpose of putting it all away in the pantry when I would be bringing it all out again today.  So, here it is waiting for me to use it today.

We'll see what happens, but the plans are to make:

 * Pumpkin Bread w/raisens & nuts
 * Banana nut bread (but might have to wait a couple more days for the bananas to ripen some more)
 * Decorated sugar cookies
 * Raspberry/Almond icing cookies
 * Snickerdoodles (out of the Betty Crocker pkg..tee hee)
 * Lemon Bars
 * See's Fudge (if the mood hits me and still have the energy)

Can't make the Divinity w/pecans as it's too humid the last couple days.

Jeez!  I live alone.  Sure makes me wonder why I'm doing all of this.  I really enjoy doing it, so guess that's reason enough.  Looks like my sister and my neighbors are going to be getting some goodies this year.

What goodies have you made this year??


Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Well. I wish I was your neighbor...! The most I've done in one day was four items. Hope you make your goal! :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all that baking sounds like fun! And you are making me wish I had an oven at my place, maybe I'll go invade my brother's. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I'd love to try your rasberry/almond icing cookies.

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definately have more energy than me. Lately I try to stay clear of the kitchen. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete