Thursday, October 27, 2011

Makeover Time!

My front deck has needed a complete makeover for over a year now.  I've painted it two times myself......but it needed more than just "cover-up make up".  If you don't believe me....just look at these pictures.  I live in a large mobile home and even tho my front deck is covered with a nice roof, the HOT Texas days, and the rainy days we had before our drought played havoc with all the wood.




Time to call out my Hottie Handyman to do some much needed repairs and do a makeover for me.  Remember...he's the same fellow who redid my floors in the kitchen, dining room, laundry room with Pergo flooring here.



Here's the old stairs ......showing a lot of old rotting wood.




  Yikes........what a mess!





And here's the start of the new stairs.....with less pitch/angle to them and much easier to climb.





I'll be sharing the final results in another post.......so stay tuned '
cause it's

almost time for my October Giveaway too.



Thanks for visiting.


5 comments:

  1. Hey, where is the picture of the hottie...? Just kidding! I'm all for the lower sloped steps, glad you can get some improvements done ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the steps to be easier to climb. I hate steep narrow steps! This will be so much safer. That Mike is a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far! I can't wait to see the final results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, several layers of paint weaken the wood instead of protecting it. Sealing it would've been a better option. But nothing can beat a whole makeover! :D How's it now after more than a year? That being said, you must've done the annual maintenance already. After all, outside features of the house endures a greater degree of wear and tear and deserve some upkeep. :)

    ReplyDelete