Sunday, December 6, 2009

knit 1, purl 1...faster, faster..Knitting Slippers for gifts

This is a very old knitting pattern that I got back in the early 60's, and have made oodles of these slippers over the years.  My oldest son has been asking for a pair of these for several years now, so thought I'd attempt to make several pair for Christmas for my kids & grandkids.

Here's the three pair I've finished.

I really like this variegated color and the cuff adds a little something different for the gals.

The blue yarn (Vanna's Choice...I like it)  is for my youngest grandson's, and sure hope I can get them finished in time...knit faster, faster, stay up later.......oh my!


  1. Mother used to make us kids slipped like these, we loved them. Very pretty, everyone will love receiving a pair. Have a beautiful week.

    TTFN ~Marydon
    Visit/join our new blog ~

    Our 6 GIVEAWAYS ends Dec. 8th

  2. Oh I make these too! So quick and so fun. My mother wears them at night to keep her feet warm while sleeping.