Sunday, December 6, 2009

knit 1, purl 1...faster, faster..Knitting Slippers for gifts

This is a very old knitting pattern that I got back in the early 60's, and have made oodles of these slippers over the years.  My oldest son has been asking for a pair of these for several years now, so thought I'd attempt to make several pair for Christmas for my kids & grandkids.


Here's the three pair I've finished.



I really like this variegated color and the cuff adds a little something different for the gals.


The blue yarn (Vanna's Choice...I like it)  is for my youngest grandson's, and sure hope I can get them finished in time...knit faster, faster, stay up later.......oh my!

2 comments:

  1. Mother used to make us kids slipped like these, we loved them. Very pretty, everyone will love receiving a pair. Have a beautiful week.

    TTFN ~Marydon
    Visit/join our new blog ~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    Our 6 GIVEAWAYS ends Dec. 8th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I make these too! So quick and so fun. My mother wears them at night to keep her feet warm while sleeping.

    ReplyDelete